My name is Amit Karmakar. I’m a photographer. I shoot documentary, street and portraiture. I’m passionate about faces and the stories they tell. I was born and raised in India but moved to Sydney in my twenties.
My hometown Dhanbad, lies in the northern hemisphere, roughly 23 degrees north of the equator. This is where my journey began. 23-NORTH is a homage to my roots.
- Fujilove magazine ( Hmong spirit – also here)
- Contact sheet gallery
- Victorian archives gallery
- Dept of Education
- Story of the street
Courses & Workshop
- Hanoi to Sapa Travel Street Photography Experience
- Sydney Street Photography workshop
- Melbourne Fashion Workshop by Christian Blanchard with Kayell
- Sydney Fashion Workshop by Christian Blanchard with Kayell
- Contact Sheet Mentorship program